Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of


A) I learned that you don't have any control over your searches online and that your searches are filtered by what the website thinks you want to know.
B) I don't feel like I'm getting the vast abundance of information that the internet claims to give you. I feel ripped off.
C) My question would be that in the future, will Internet control what we think? 
D) You have to be precise in what you are searching for.

      From the video I was able to learn a lot, especially on how i can make my researching become more accurate based on the preciseness i provide. I notice on my search engine i typically use Google and the first few links tend to be Sparknotes, Wikipedia, and Ask.com. I usually tend to look at the first few links and then move on but now i realized that if I spend some extra time and move on to the next few pages of suggested links.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/08/theater/08bran.html?ref=williamshakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment